ATTENTION ALL CANDIDATES - AND ELECTORS - 2011 ELECTION
Every Candidate who wishes to utilize the Kitimat Daily News Service to express themselves - we provide this opportunity at no charge.
We have opened a new section
"Municipal Election Section"
It can be found by using the drop down menu and Clicking on the title.
Here all Candidates are free to post their own articles using the "Add Your Own" feature.
We will not edit your writing though we suggest you read your work out loud to someone prior to your submission and use a good spell checker. This way your writing does not come off to sound silly or distracting.
We will still have to approve the submission therefore the post will not appear automatically.
All Candidates must include their email and phone number so we can confirm it is your submission, not someone impersonating. Please ensure we can contact you. The submission will not appear until we do.
Northwest Local Election Candidates
Where stated "Acclaimed" it means these people have no challegers and win by default.
School District 82 Trustees
Electoral Area 1: Kitimat
Mr. Barry Pankhurst
Mr. Raymond Raj
Trustee Electoral Area 2: Terrace
Two to be selected by vote November 19
Mr. Art Erasmus
Ms. Charlotte Guno
Mr. Ian Hayes
Mr. Roger Leclerc
Mr. Hal Stedham
Electoral Area 3: Thornhill
One to be selected by vote November 19
Ms. Lorrie Gowen
Mr. Gary Turner
Electoral Area 4: Stewart
Ms. Shannon McFee
Electoral Area 5: Hazelton
Ms. Lynn Newbery
Regional District Kitimat-Stikine Area Directors
Electoral Area A
- Harry Nyce Sr. -
Electoral Area B
Dean Paranich -
Electoral Area C
(One to be elected)
Electoral Area D
Dave Brocklebank -
Electoral Area E
(One to be elected)
Electoral Area F
Darcie Frocklage –
– Galina Durant and Angela Brand Danuser
- Billie Ann Belcher, Dave Johns, Patty Lynn, Netonia Chatelaine, John Harrison, Ronald McFadzen, Chad McKay
Village of Hazelton
– Alice Maitland –
Wins by Acclamation
– Nick Marshall, Shirley Muldon, Wendy Blackstock, Bud Smith
– Robert Henwood and Gail Lowry
– Mike Weeber, Janet Wilson, George Burns, Norm Anderson, Braunwyn Henwood, Richard Simms, Ray Sturney and Pete Weeber
– Joanne Monaghan, Randy Halyk, Danny Nunes and Jim Thom
- Bob Corless, Mario Feldhoff, Rob Goffinet, Joshua Callahan, Edwin Empinado, Phil Germuth, Mary Murphy, John Pacheco, Joe Salema, Jack Riddle, Corrine Scott and Carl Whicher
- David Pernarowski, Bruce Martindale, Jennifer Lewis, Don Dunster and Merv Ritchie
- Lynn Christiansen, Marylin Davies, Brian Downie, Dr. Bruce Bidgood, James Cordeiro, Mike Ross, Stacey Tyers, Dan LeFrancois, Martin Holzbauer, MaryAnn Freeman, Chris Gee, Tamara Susan Ainscow, Tyson Donald Lloyd Hull