NEWS RELEASE · 2nd January 2016
District of Kitimat
MAYOR GERMUTH’S NEW YEARS MESSAGE
As we come to the close of 2015, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those that helped make Kitimat a better place to live. Here is my top-ten thank you list:
1. Fellow Council members Mario Feldhoff, Rob Goffinet, Mary Murphy, Edwin Empinado, Claire Rattee, and Larry Walker for being a great group to work with in 2015.
2. Councillors Goffinet and Feldhoff for being acting mayor’s in my absence.
3. Our Haisla Nation neighbours for the relationship that has developed over the last years.
4. All our District employees at City Hall, Public works and in Leisure services for keeping the town operating smoothly.
5. All volunteers on committees, commissions and throughout the community for their dedication and service to the community.
6. Our firefighters and RCMP for keeping everybody safe.
7. District workers, Private contractors, BC Hydro and industry for all working together during the February snowstorm.
8. For industry’s contribution to the local economy and for working with the municipality keeping us informed and up-to-date on development projects.
9. Our Economic Development Department - Rose Klukas, Tyler Noble and Barb Haun for all their help with my power point presentations.
10. Bev Gibaldi for organizing flights, hotels and always making sure I got to my destination and home again even during the numerous cancelled and delayed flights. And of course for keeping all of us on track all year long.
Happy New Year!