Custom Search
Top Stories
Go to Site Index See "Top Stories" main page
REPORTING · 8th November 2015
Walter McFarlane
The Kitimat Fire Department was called out to a Kitchen Fire on Egret Street on Thursday, November 5th. The call came in at 9:55 from a residential fire alarm. 14 Fire Fighters Responded. No one was home and the house was locked up.

“[The fire fighters] did their investigation upon peering through the windows, they saw smoke and flames in the Kitchen areas. They eventually made entry into the house, extinguished the fire and we went into more of a mop up stage at that point to get the smoke out of the house to try and reduce some of the damage by smoke,” said Fire Chief Trent Bossence.

The investigation has been concluded. The Fire Department are unsure of the smoke damage, but they managed to prevent fire damage to the residence, other than the stove.

The Kitimat Fire Department is reminding people not to leave pots on the stove and make sure they are turned off. In addition, they are reminding people that winter driving conditions are around the corner and drivers are being advised there could be wildlife on the road or morning fog.

“So people are advised to slow down and take their time going to wherever they are going to,” said Bossence.