REPORTING · 4th August 2015
The Kitimat Fire Department held their open house on Friday, July 31st. There was a steady flow of visitors throughout the afternoon in which they held it.
“The purpose of today is to do a bit of a community fire prevention week,” said Deputy Fire Chief Peter Bazarro.
Children got an opportunity to check out the fire trucks, try on some of the gear and see the equipment. They got to see one of the fire fighters zipping down the fire pole and they even sounded the alarm for a lucky group of children.
The Kitimat Fire Department are reminding residents to check their smoke detectors to make sure they work and change the batteries. Remember to replace the smoke detector every 10 years.
Desbeans and Tremblay sit in one of the older vehicles
Ava Miller, Lyla Miller, Sarah Abram, Amy Abram and Baby Brooklyn Abram check out the Command Centre