Custom Search
Top Stories
Go to Site Index See "Top Stories" main page
REPORTING · 23rd April 2015
Walter McFarlane
On Friday April 10th, the Kitimat Fire Department Responded to a chimney fire in Cablecar.

“We had a call to 179 Chinook Street with the report of a Chimney Fire. Our crews responded on arrival, they did find a chimney fire which was quickly extinguished. There was no extension to the rest of the building noted at that time and minimal damage was sustained to the residence,” said Deputy Fire Chief Derek Collier.

The fire was detected by wispy smoke in the residence. The occupants got out safely. It was the quick response of the Kitimat Fire Department which kept the fire under control. We were informed if anyone went to look at the house, there would be no exterior signs of a fire.

The Kitimat Fire Department is reminding people to make sure their smoke detectors and alarms are working by testing them monthly and changing the batteries yearly.

“As far as Chimney Fires, make sure your chimneys are cleaned annually,” said Collier.