NEWS RELEASE · 21st April 2015
K.U.T.E
Updated April 20th with new location

Each Officer of the KUTE Board has independently decided to resign as Director and Officer from Kitimat Understanding the Environment Society effective May 26, 2015.

The Annual General Meeting will be held on May 26, 2015 7:00 PM at the Rod and Gun in an effort to elect a new Board to replace the resigning Officers.

The Society Act requires a minimum of three officers, without them the society will lose it's society status. Without an active Board the the Recycling Depot will close.

We encourage the citizens of Kitimat to step up and volunteer to keep the Society and the Recycling Depot going. Please direct any inquiries to kitimatrecycle,,,gmail.com .
Cardboard to the Dump?
Comment by Pinnwheel on 19th May 2015
To the bozo's who say "finaly we can take our cardboard to the dump agian" these are most likely the same bunch that don't cover the garbadge loads on the way to the dump, so you may as well just dump your cardboard in the ditch somewhere between kitimat and the dump as most of your unsecured loads end up in that stretch of ditch anyway.
No KUTE
Comment by Debra Leigh Skog on 28th April 2015
I was deeply saddened to hear the news about the Board of KUTE resigning. They are a good group of people who really made a difference in Kitimat. What will become of Recycling in Kitimat without KUTE. The City has supported KUTE in the past but now they will have to step it up and that will cost the Tax payers in Kitimat more money, to get a new recycling program in place. People have to face the facts that recycling is extremely important for the environment and all of us. Come on Kitimat! You too can make a difference!
Dear Mike
Comment by Walter McFarlane on 21st April 2015
As you are well aware, we live in a country where we value freedom of expression. Because of this, I try to approve comments whether I agree with them or not. I’ve often commented that the comment section is a lose/lose situation for me.

I apologize though for letting inappropriate language get by me. He had misspelled it so it slipped by when I did my check. I did not even realize what you meant and thought you were just being acrimonious. The fake email has been removed.

- Walter
Bizarre.
Comment by Mike Forward on 21st April 2015
I seem to recall a time where anonymous comments left in an acrimonious manner were discouraged on this site. Strange, then, that people can anonymously reply with the email 'go expletive yourself' celebrating an announcement that has put several jobs in jeopardy.

To those commenters, and to the Daily itself - smarten up.

To anyone interested in helping, please contact KUTE to find out how you can get involved: http://www.kitimatrecycle.org/contact/
Dumb *** - Yea
Comment by Mike on 20th April 2015
What a stupid comment. I hope you feel proud of yourself knowing that several people will be unemployed because you are too frigging dumb to respect our environment and fellow human beings. Dumb dumb dumb comment. Sometimes it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Finally
Comment by T on 20th April 2015
Card board back at the dump finally!
it's not closing
Comment by Edmund mactavish on 20th April 2015
al that is needed is three board members one of which is the pres. easy task to be a board member and it looks good on a resume. please send email to the address in the article
KUTE
Comment by Chilly Billy on 17th April 2015
Thanks for your comment my son just lost his job !!
Yay!!
Comment by Moi!! on 10th April 2015
Yay! We can toss our cardboard back at the dump!