Custom Search
Top Stories
Go to Site Index See "Top Stories" main page
REPORTING · 29th October 2011
Walter McFarlane
With the cold weather creeping in, it is time to light the furnaces and heat the homes. The Kitimat Fire Department is asking people to be aware of Chimney Fires.

“It’s that time of year; people are starting up their stoves. Make sure your chimneys are clean and installation of pellet stoves and/or wood burning stoves should be inspected by a qualified person prior to installation,” said acting Fire Chief, Trent Bossence.

He’s asking people to make sure their stoves and chimneys are clean so they can operate safely in the wintertime. The Kitimat Fire Department have been to four reported Chimney Fires and it is only the start of the cooler weather.