Custom Search
Top Stories
Go to Site Index See "Top Stories" main page
REPORTING · 20th June 2010
Walter McFarlane
Firefighters were called out on Monday, June 14th to attend a fire which broke out at Delta King place at 11:30 pm. They arrived to discover one of the units had a fire.

Fortunately, most of the damage was contained to the one suite as the Delta King Place, which was designed as a senior citizen residence, has a state of the art sprinkler system which quickly doused the fire. Fire Fighters stated there was about $150,000 worth of damage around the facility.

With they exception of the tenant, who suffered from smoke inhalation, there were no injuries. The fire was caused by ‘carelessness’ by a tenant. Residents were evacuated to stay with family members for the night.

The Kitimat Fire Department is reminding everyone to keep appliances unplugged while not in use. An appliance, plugged in, is still powered up and is still in use.